Established to inspire creativity, great writing and to provide a platform for publication. The Anthology Flash Fiction Competition is open to original and previously unpublished flash fiction pieces on any theme or genre in the English language by writers of any nationality, living anywhere in the world. We are looking for writing that is clever and unique, inspires us, and crafts a compelling story.
Open to both new and established writers, articles submitted must not exceed 250 words. Writers can submit as many entries as they wish. Each submission will require a separate entry form and is subject to a separate entry fee.
It is not a requirement but is advisable to refer to Anthology magazine or purchase a copy, before submitting your work so that you can see the type of material we publish. Subscriptions and single copies are available to purchase through our online shop.
The winner will receive a €300 cash prize and the chance to see their work published in a future issue of Anthology.
Submission deadline and entry fees
- Early Bird: €8 per entry (until 31 May 2023)
- Standard fee: €10 per entry (1 June–31 October 2023)
How to enter
Click the button below to access the entry form. Fill in your details, upload your entry and complete the payment before clicking ‘submit’. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions below for competition rules.
Terms and conditions
- To enter, submit an original, unpublished flash fiction piece, written in English with a maximum of 250 words.
- There is no limit to the number of entries you can submit. Each submission will require a separate entry form and be subject to a separate entry fee.
- There is no age limit.
- Submissions will be judged on literary merit, originality and readability.
- Once selected, the winner will be contacted by email or telephone.
- Copyright remains with the author but Anthology reserves the right to be the first to publish or arrange a broadcast of the winning works.
- The winner and finalists grant Anthology the right to use their work in electronic form or in print for the specific purpose of promoting Anthology and its Awards without restriction in any media.
- Submission of a written piece implies the author’s acceptance of the rules and conditions.
- Prize money will be paid on publication of the winning piece in Anthology magazine.