The Anthology Cover Art Competition is established to foster and support both established and emerging visual artists and provide a platform for publication, the cover art competition is open to multiple genres including painting, printmaking, mixed media, photography and digital media.
Works entered must not have appeared on the cover of another publication. Works previously exhibited or published on the artist’s website on the interior pages of a book or magazine are accepted.
Entries are invited from artists of all nationalities, living anywhere in the world. There is no limit to entries per person.
Work will be accepted on any theme. It is not a requirement, but is advisable to refer to Anthology magazine or purchase a copy before submitting your work, so that work submitted is aligned with the aesthetic of Anthology. Subscriptions and single copies are available to purchase through our online shop.
- FIRST: The winner will receive a €1,000 cash prize and publication on the cover of – and editorial coverage in – a future issue of Anthology. The winner will also receive a one-year subscription to Anthology
- SECOND: €250
- THIRD: €150
Submission deadline and entry fees
Standard fee: €18 – up to 30 November 2023
How to enter
Click below to access the entry form. Fill in your details, upload your entry and complete the payment before clicking ‘submit’. Please read the Terms and Conditions below for competition rules, technical specifications and rights information.
Terms and Conditions
- All artwork entered must be the original work of those submitting it. Only one image per entry is allowed.
- There is no limit to the number of entries per person. Each submission will require a separate entry form and is subject to a separate entry fee.
- The artist’s name should not appear on artwork as judging is anonymous.
- It is not compulsory but works produced within the last three years are preferred.
- Prize winners will be selected by a panel of independent judges and their decision is final.
- Once announced, all entrants will be notified of the result by email. Finalists will be notified by email or telephone.
- By submitting your entry and paying the registration fee, you agree to all of the terms and conditions listed here.
- Prize money will be paid on publication of the winning artwork on the cover of Anthology.
- There are no shape or style restrictions but entrants should note that artwork may be cropped so that is fits the cover space (190 x 195mm). Past covers of Anthology can be viewed here.
- Artwork will be accepted in JPG, PNG or PDF form. Maximum file size is 4MB. Winners will be contacted for high resolution images.
- All artists retain copyright of their work.
- All entrants agree to the storage of their images in electronic form for the purpose of judging the competition and the private distribution of those images as required to complete the judging process.
- The artist warrants that the rights (of any kind) to the image have not previously been sold or granted to any third party.
- The winner and finalists grant Anthology the right to use the images in electronic form or in print for the specific purpose of promoting Anthology and its Awards without restriction in any media.
- Anthology agrees that images will not be made available for download on any of its websites at high resolution and that all images used will be credited to the artists. Anthology will not be responsible for unauthorised use of any image by a third party.
- Electronic files sent as attachments will not be returned and Anthology accepts no responsibility for submissions in any other form. Prints or physical media sent as submissions will not be returned.
Previous Cover Art Competition winner
The Anthology Cover Art Competition is listed with:
Calendar for Artists | Dutch Art Box | Brisbane Art Guide | InfoDesigners | I Send You This | ArtDeadine.Com | Art Almanac | | ArtsHub Australia | Oyaop.com | Duotrope | Study Work Grow | Student Competitions | MoMa