Entries are now invited for the Anthology Photography Award 2022.
Open to photographers working at any level, the Anthology Photography Award celebrates outstanding standalone images. It also provides a platform for photographers to showcase their work through publication.
Images submitted must be on the theme of ‘Where I Live’. Submissions will be judged on quality, creativity, originality, and visual/emotional impact.
Photography styles can include street photography, landscapes, natural world & wildlife, macro photography, lifestyle, object & still life and architectural. Technically manipulated images such as abstract, panoramic, stitched and composite are also permitted. Extra merit will be awarded to creative interpretation of the brief.
Entries are invited from photographers of all nationalities, living anywhere in the world. There is no limit to entries per person.
It is not a requirement, but is advisable to refer to Anthology or purchase a copy before submitting your work, so that you can see the type of material we publish. Subscriptions and single copies are available to purchase through our online shop.
The winner will receive a €500 cash prize and editorial coverage in a future issue of Anthology Magazine, plus a one-year subscription to Anthology
Submission deadline & entry fee
Deadline: 31 October 2022 – €15 per entry
How to Enter
Click below to access the entry form. Fill in your details, upload your image and complete the payment before clicking ‘submit’. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions below for submissions technical specifications.
Terms and Conditions
- To enter, submit a previously unpublished image on the theme of ‘Where I Live’
- Each entry must be the original work of the person submitting it. There must be only one image per entry. No stock photography is allowable.
- Entry fee: €15 per entry.
- There is no limit to the number of entries you can submit.
- There is no age limit for entrants.
- Composite photography is allowable.
- Please do not add any visible watermarks to your entries as the judging is anonymous.
- Each entry must have been captured on or after 1 November, 2021.
- Prize winners will be selected by a panel of independent judges and their decision is final.
- Once announced, all entrants will be notified of the result by email. Finalists will be notified by email or telephone.
- By submitting your entry and paying the registration fee, you agree to all of the terms and conditions listed here.
- Please ensure that your entries are submitted as electronic files, at 72dpi, in JPEG or PNG format, and a maximum size of 4MB
- All finalists will be required to re-submit the originals in RAW, JPEG or TIFF format at 300dpi.
- All photographers retain copyright of their work.
- All entrants agree to the storage of their images in electronic form for the purpose of judging the competition and the private distribution of those images as required to complete the judging process.
- The photographer warrants that the rights (of any kind) to the photograph have not previously been sold or granted to any third party
- The finalist grants Anthology the right to use the images in electronic form or in print for the specific purpose of promoting Anthology and its Awards without restriction in any media.
- Anthology agrees that the images will not be made available for download on any of its websites at high resolution and that all images used will be credited to the photographer. To further protect any images against misuse by third parties Anthology will insert a digital watermark to images published online. Anthology will not be responsible for unauthorised use of any image by a third party.
- Electronic files sent as attachments will not be returned and Anthology accepts no responsibility for submissions in any other form. Prints or physical media sent as submissions will not be returned.
The Anthology Photography Award is listed with:
Calendar for Artists | Photo Contest Insider | Photo Contest Deadlines | I Send You This | ArtsHub Australia | Art Almanac | InfoDesigners | Oyaop.com | Photo Contest Calendar | LightRocket | Call For | Duotrope | Graphic Competitions | Brisbane Art Guide | Photo Contest Guru | Student Competitions | MoMa | Call For Entries |